Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

#104 LAKSHMANA- I SHALL BLOCK THE MOON AND WRECK FIRE-SUN-WIND


BOOK 3 (Book of Forests), Chapter 64, Verse 60-61-62

Samniruddha graha gan`am
aavaarita Nis`aakaram

vipra nasht`a Anala Marut
Bhaaskara dyuti samvrutam

vinirhmathita shaila agram
shus`yamaan`a jala aas`ayam

dhvasta druma lataa gulmam
vipra n`aashita saagaram

trai lokyam tu karishyaami
samyuktam kaala karman`aa

Na te kus`aliniim Siitaam
pradaasyanti mama iishvaraah
asmin muhuurte Saumitre
mama draks`yanti vikramam


CONTEXT
Ravana abducted Sita. Rama and Lakshmana were searching for Sita. They reach the place where the kite Jat`aayu fought the demon Raavan`a.
Rama felt that Gods were unkind to him as they allowed demons to separate Sita from him.
Rama was showing his ire at Gods.


SIMPLE GIST
I will block the planets.
I will blockade the moon.
I will damage fire, wind and Sun completely.
I will pulverise mountain peaks.
I will dry up the lakes and rivers.
I will destroy bushes , creepers , plants and trees.
I shall destroy the Oceans.

The Gods will see my blitkrieg and valor if they do not present before me , my Sita in a safe condition , at this very moment.


MY COMMENTS

*Why did Rama seek the help of poor monkeys , if he was capable of stopping the moon and wrecking the Fire, Sun, and the Wind ?

*Valmiki spent nearly 24 verses for Rama's VERBAL-VOCAL BLITZKRIEG.
*Great soldiers do not talk so much.

No comments: