Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

#191 chAru nivEdita about writing on rAmAyaNa



``...The second point was financial. I have written on several controversial subjects, and with only a hundred copies of my novel selling, it sometimes feels like writing in my personal diary. So you can imagine my financial situation. I had to borrow money from my friends, wife and son to travel to the US. I have some fans there with whom I could have stayed.

There is only one way to enhance my financial situation: writing for the Tamil cinema. But there is a problem — I will have to spend sleepless nights after calling all those mediocre Tamil films as “classics”. Even my greed to follow Chettiar to America won’t allow me to ditch my conscience. Perhaps I should write novels with with Lord Rama or Shiva as the central characters — I could portray them like Akshay Kumar in Special 26 and sell million of copies? Does anybody know which IIM gives training for this? Please help me out if you do! ...``


We can see the above quote from the English Daily Deccan Chronicle. Here is the link to the complete article:

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/130424/commentary-op-ed/commentary/poor-writers-naked-rajas .

title of the article: poor-writers , naked-rAjas.

Mr. chAru nivEdita, author of ``Zero Degree``, a novel considered as his magnum-opus.

ybrao-a-donkey`s views

For the purpose of our blog, Lord rAma and Siva are relevant and important. I do not know about askhay kumAr except that he is a top Hindi-bollywood film star. This ``special 26`` referred to by Mr. chAru nivEdita also I do not know. I have to do some hard-work, home-work.

In the meantime, I shall confine myself to say : ``selling a million copies, is a great dream.``

As on date about 25,000 have touched our blog. I shall not say that many of them have read it. They might have touched the blog quite by an accident. A sort of lottery-prize to me. Some of them have abused me. But I shall not blame them, because we have to respect their right to have different opinions.

These 25000 views of my rAmAyana may be equal to the 100 copies of Mr. chAru nivEdita`s novel sales mentioned in the above quote. I believe that Mr. chAru nivEdita might have been joking when he referred to only a hundred copies of his novel selling.

Mr. chAru nivEdita`s liking for following the trail of Mr. chettiar`s (for details pl. see his article linked by me above) journeys from Los Angeles to New York by train and by cars in the return trips. I greatly appreciate his ideas.

Till recently, I too had a dream (fad?) to visit U.S., albeit on a different goal. It is interviewing people who live under bridges and flyovers. For us, the poor and LMC Indians, U.S. is a land of honey and milk. Even swAmi vivEkAnanda wrote:

" ... I have had two classes already — they will go on for four or five months and after that to India I go. But it is to Amerique — there where the heart is. I love the Yankee land. I like to see new things. I do not care a fig to loaf about old ruins and mope a life out about old histories and keep sighing about the ancients. I have too much vigour in my blood for that. In America is the place, the people, the opportunity for everything. I have become horribly radical. I am just going to India to see what I can do in that awful mass of conservative jelly-fish, ... "


I lived in Hyderabad for a number of years and am quite familiar with the people who live under bridges and flyovers. Even this place Guntur City of a million - at which I live - have people stretching themselves under bridges and flyovers. But, I could never believe that in the honey-milky-yankey-land also there are God-driven (God-ditched? God-damned?) people who live under bridges.

Here is a beautiful link about the tunnel people, tent-dwellers, truck-dwellers etc. in New York, Las vEgas, Kansas City, New Jersey, etc.

Click to go to http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/the-tunnel-people-that-live-under-the-streets-of-america.

Conclusion: A million copies of a book with Lord rAma and Siva as central characters, resembling akshay kumAr, -- idea of my writing such book, I shall send to a cold-burner.

No comments: