Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2007

#001F REPLIES TO COMMENTS

Our friend Shri Ravi Mundkur said...
Dear Friend

I was actually waiting for your analysis and opinion on this topic of Rama's birthday.I am still waiting!

REPLY

Thank you friend. I feel that we may have to wait some more time till others use the software "Planetarium" and come out with their observations.

Yesterday going home after writing the blog, like Ravana, I spent the whole night thinking about Rama, his historicity, his birth date. At 3.15 a.m. we get Municipal water in our area. When people started operating boaring pumps to draw water (custom in our city), my mind drew hither and thither and finally got stuck up at one point:

How far fixing birth dates moving backwards from planet positions will help in ascertaining the truth?

I pondered over about my own birth date as a working example. As per my school records, I was born on 10th Aug. 1950. My parents told me I was born in Aug. 1951, but they changed my birth date to 10-8-1950 to fulfil the minimum age requirement for joining the VI standard in HIgh school. In 1967, I was a believer of astrology and parents asked me to get my real birth date and get a horoscope written, before getting married. I procured some old panchangams (almonacs) and tried to trace my real birth date using the clues given by them. They said that I was born on a Wednesday morning. My mother said that it was heavily raining because it was S`raavana Maasam. She also said that I was born in the same star as Rama was born (i.e. Punarvas I deduced). When I searched the almonacs, I found that the Punarvasu star was not present on the Wednesday. Thus my search to trace my real birth day ended. In 1967 when I did my search, there was no Planetarium software and there were no computers.
Now technology is making our work easy. If technology helps us in tracing out truths, welcome. But I am afraid that more and more we consider Rama as a historical human person, he may lose his "divine" status.

No comments: